Select Page


Auto Home Umbrella Insurance

Auto Insurance: is more than just the comprehensive and collision to protect your car. Many people think that their car is what insurance is for.  The main reason for Insurance is protection from lawsuits for bodily injury (you may cause), there is protection for injuries you may sustain (SUM/UM), there is rental coverage, towing and roadside assistance.  There is also work loss and other personal injury protections available.  Driving a car should be enjoyable, let us take the worry out of What If.

Umbrella Insurance is more affordable and should be a part of anyone’s insurance portfolio if you own a home, own a rental, or have lots of toys.  Look at it in this simple form: When you get into your car, put your house all your belongings, your retirement, and future earnings into the trunk.  That is what you can lose in the event of a catastrophic loss that you are liable for.  Boat, Motorcycle, Snowmobile, Seasonal Camp, a Rental you own, or Renters Insurance may not provide enough coverage in the event of a liability claim.  Protection of an additional million dollars is usually as little as $10 a month!

Homeowners Insurance is so much more than just coverage for the building you live in.  It also provides protection for your jewelry, furs, important papers, antiques, other structures, and other valuables. With Home Owners Insurance from the Catalfamo Family Insurance Agency, you can protect your home and belongings from fire, theft, and other perils.  You can feel secure knowing you have the proper amount of coverage in the event of a loss.  Our Agency offers many choices in homeowners’ policies.  Below is an outline of a typical homeowner’s policy with explanations of what each section is.

Dwelling or Coverage A: Protects your house and attached structures on your property. Examples are porches, decks, and garages that are attached to the house.

Other Structures or Coverage B: Covers your separate structures such as additional or detached garages, sheds, and pool houses. 

Personal Property Coverage C: Protects your personal belongings worldwide.  Some items may need to be scheduled out (or declared separately), items like firearms and jewelry totaling over $5,000. Rule of thumb: Anything $1500 or more should be scheduled out.

Loss of Use Coverage D: Provides reimbursement for additional living expenses after a loss.

Personal Liability: Covers you for at fault damages as determined by the courts for damaged property and bodily injury of others.

Medical Payments to Others: Pays for others who are injured on your property or whom you injure by accident.

Enhance Your Homeowners Coverages:  Our Agency offers our clients additional coverages to extend your protection beyond a typical homeowner’s policy.  They Include:

            Identity Theft Coverage:  This policy enhancement protects you from one of the fastest growing crimes in the world today.  Along with this coverage of recovering lost monies in this event you will be provided with time-saving assistance should you become a victim of this crime.

            Enhanced Liability Coverage: Increases the protection of liability coverage should you find yourself in litigation.  This coverage is extended to your family members as well.

            Flood Insurance: If you buy a house in a designated flood zone and have a mortgage from a federally regulated or insured lender, you are legally required to carry flood insurance.

Other Homeowner’s Insurances:

Renters Insurance:  This is an invaluable protection for your personal belongings.  Renting or owning home is no different.  You will still need to replace and repair your items from fire, theft, wind and other perils.  Our Agency’s renters insurance can protect you against the loss of such property as furniture, electronics, clothing, and more.  The landlord is not responsible for providing funds for the items you lost.

Condominium Insurance:  The actual building itself is covered and protected by the Condominium’s Insurance Policy, but your walls, appliances, and personal items are not covered by the association’s insurance policy.  This Insurance provides the coverage you need to repair and replace in the event of a loss. 

Auto Insurance:  When a covered loss happens, an auto policy covers the cost of repairs to your vehicle, protects you from lawsuits, and provides medical coverage for injuries sustained from an accident. 

Bodily Injury: Covers your legal liability for bodily injury claims brought against you.  Lawsuits can be for any amount regardless of your income and financial worth.  The courts are more willing to impose wage garnishments (future earnings) to satisfy restitution judgements if you are found liable.  One very good reason to not have state minimums.

Property Damage: Covers your legal liability for property damage.  This coverage protects you for damage you do to another’s property.  Coverage limits should take into account the realistic amount of damage your vehicle will do to another’s house, and personal items.  This also includes those municipal items like fire hydrants and guard rails.

Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist:  This provides you with coverage in the event that the person who is at fault does not have insurance or enough insurance to cover your injuries and damages.  These limits should be the matching amount you have for Bodily Injury.  They cannot exceed the Bodily Injury.

Comprehensive Coverage: Covers damages to your automobile caused by Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Wind, Hail, or something other than a motor vehicle hitting your vehicle.  Best example is a deer.

Collision Coverage: Pays for the damages that arise from a collision or upset.  This coverage is optional so long as your vehicle is not financed. If it is financed, then you are required to carry this coverage to maintain your loan.

Rental Reimbursement:  This coverage provides you with a rental car for so many dollars a day for a max of for example $50 a day/max or $1500.

Roadside Assistance:  Known also as towing coverage.  This will allow a daily limit for towing to reasonable distances.  Some policies require you to pay up front and get reimbursed as part of the claim.

Our Partners